Para que sua candidatura seja considerada, preencha o form a seguir: https://forms.gle/WYq3JWrwP9sfaBBP6
The Accounting Specialist is going to prepare, analyze and review Brazil monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, ensuring the correct booking of transactions in accordance to Turner´s policies and procedures under Local and US GAAP. Ability to step into a statutory lead role in accounting issues, with limited assistance of the Accounting Manager for specific and non-routine issues. To lead and train their direct reports, performing critical analysis on BS and P&L variances and ensuring that BS reconciliations, schedules and other accounting reports are prepared, updated, improved and maintained according to Turner’s accounting policies and corporate due date calendars.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To monitor and analyses comparative variances or deviations based on the monthly trial balance for Brazil assigned business units, producing different kind of established and ad-hoc reports, accordingly. To ensure that processes which affect the monthly accounting closing are properly recorded and to suggest improvements for being in line with overall goals of the organization;
2. Oversees the reconciliation of the local accounting system (SAP) with the corporate system (People Soft) in order to assure the correct booking of balance sheet and income/expense transactions; providing proper explanations for detected differences and suggesting the JE needed to correct them. To supervise and review the reconciliations prepared by other members of the accounting team;
3.To lead the preparation and review the assigned Schedules and other reports requested by corporate accounting in a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, accordingly. To assist ABS R2R leadership with regards to Warner Media or AT&T specific request and questions about Brazil financials;
4. To monitor the overall data integrity validation and global policies and procedures compliances on a monthly basis as well as stay current on the latest accounting standards and SOX compliances. Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions;
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience in a similar position in a multinational company – experience in big four accounting firms will be a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Spanish – upper intermediate level Solid understanding of US GAAP;
- Valid CRC;
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems (like SAP, PS and Oracle);
- Strong experience in income or balance sheet statement analysis and preparation of notes to Financials;
- Forecasting and budgeting;
- Foreign currency exchange and translation experience.